40th and Market St
12pm to 6pm
Don’t miss the exciting performances on the main stage; we’ll have performers such as: Universal African Dance and Drum Ensemble, The Nate Murray Band and Denise King. Up and coming local talent like R&B Artist Izreal, West Powelton Steppers Drill team and rappers Daddy Suga and Lihtz Kamra will light up the stage. Our headliner, Kindred the Family Soul, will end the festival by performing some of their greatest hits and new music too – check it out
- Denise King – Jazz singer
The Rhythm & Blues Fest (formerly the Greater Philadelphia Blues Fest Block Party) has been one of the funkiest community events of Philadelphia since its creation in 1997. The Rhythm & Blues Fest is a unique opportunity for the community to come together to enjoy great music, food, and family-friendly activities.
At the event you will be able to:
- Meet the Philadelphia Sixers’ Dancers from 1 to 2pm
- Meet WDAS Radio Personalities from 2 to 4pm
- Test drive a Chevrolet
- Participate in the Financial Fitness Expo and get with your credit or a foreclosure problem
- Taste some great food from vendors like Crown Chicken, Mother Garden, and more.
- Win tickets to the Please Touch Museum, Philadelphia Zoo, a University of Penn football game or free McFadden gift cards, products for the home and lots more
- Pick up a free recycling bin and shop the farmer’s market or get your bike repaired
For children, the Kid Zone will be packed with tons of safe and fun activities including two moon bounces, carnival games, face painting, free books, clowns, a special appearance from Sponge Bob, and much more to create a fair-like atmosphere in West Philadelphia that you don’t want to miss.
For more information, contact Tess Williams at 215-662-1612 x24 or firstname.lastname@example.org