Thursday, February 6th , 2014
St. Luke’s and the Epiphany Episcopal Church*
330 S. 13th Street
*Wheelchair Accessible Session
Saturday, February 8th. 2014
Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia Office
1929 N. 19th Street
*Space limited to 35 people!
Thursday, February 13th, 2014
People for People Charter School
800 N. Broad St. (Entrance on Brown St.)
Saturday, February 15th, 2014
First African Presbyterian Church
42nd and Girard Avenue (Entrance on 42nd)
Details about the program:
- During selection periods, Habitat Philadelphia will host information sessions where applications are distributed, once interested families attend and learn more about the program. These sessions are scheduled to occur over a three week period, once a year. All applicants must pay a $20 non-refundable application fee. This fee will be due at the time you turn in your application, NOT at the Information sessions.
- Applicants who have fair to excellent credit may be selected for a home visit and be interviewed by two or three members of Habitat’s Family Selection Committee. The purpose of the home visit is to learn more about a family’s current living situation in order to assess their need for housing and to answer any additional questions the family might have about Habitat.
- Applicants must meet specific requirements in order for their application to be considered:
- A need for housing, which means currently housing conditions are substandard, overcrowded, unsafe, or too expensive in relation to a family’s monthly income.
- The ability to pay a monthly mortgage with a demonstrable history of income
- A willingness to partner. Partner families must fulfill 350 “sweat equity” hours of volunteer work, both on our construction sites working on their home and other partner families’ homes, working at our ReStore, and participating in required workshops and educational classes.
- 2014 Income Guidelines are as follows:
- Household Size
– See more at: http://www.habitatphiladelphia.org/homeownership-program